Disability Rights Oregon (DRO) helps people with a disability-related legal issue in Oregon.
To the right, we have links to topic areas. Each has publications and links to other resources.
If you need help with a specific situation, contact us on our Get Help page.
If you are an attorney seeking technical assistance from a Disability Rights Oregon attorney, please call us at 503-243-2081.
We cannot help with the following issues, even if they are related to a disability:
- Applying for or appealing denial of Social Security disability benefits
- Criminal law
- Family law
- Becoming the guardian of a person with a disability
- Help finding employment, housing or financial assistance
- Out-of-state issues
- Workers’ compensation
- Medical malpractice & personal injury
- Consumer or bankruptcy issues
- Any issue or problem not directly related to your disability
- Anything that is not the wish of the person with the disability
- Any issue for a person who already has an attorney working on the same issue
The content of this website is not legal advice and is for informational purposes only. The use of this website does not create any contract or an attorney-client relationship. All Disability Rights Oregon attorneys are licensed to practice in Oregon. Our principal office is located in Portland, Oregon. Our agency’s work is limited to Oregon, and benefits planning services extend to southwest Washington.
We cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy, timeliness, or relevance of the information on this website. Disability Rights Oregon (DRO) is not responsible for the content of any third party comments posted on our site. We reserve the right to remove any comments posted. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any other site accessible through a link on our site.
Giving us information is the first step in our intake process. The information you share will remain private and confidential. However, we advise that you not provide confidential information until DRO has run a conflict check. No attorney-client relationship will be formed simply by communicating or supplying information to DRO via email or the website.